Social Science And Humanities
This course covers important concepts and theories in the Faculty of Arts at the University, including Critical Security and Terrorism, Human Rights Dynamics, Old English Heroic Literature, Author, Themes & Film Reflexivity, and Elements of Film Language. Students will also improve their academic writing skills, shape arguments, and enhance their vocabulary in Social Science and Humanities disciplines. The course includes a mix of lectures, seminars, group work, and independent study led by experienced graduate students and University staff. Students will have the chance to explore research methods used by social scientists. Upon completion, students will receive an official certificate from the University of St Andrews.
1. SAEC students will stay in Andrew Melville Hall or Agnes Blackadder Hall.
2. All SAEC students are guaranteed accommodation, but en-suite rooms are limited and assigned on a first-come, first-served basis.
3. Dedicated staff are available 24/7 to provide pastoral care, emergency first aid response, and ensure students' safety and well-being.
1. All courses have current academic staff from the University as teachers.
2. Students can experience academic life in one of the UK's oldest and highest-ranking institutions.
3. Students can benefit from the University's resources and facilities while studying their course.
1. All courses are supplemented by a diverse range of extracurricular activities that cater to various interests and hobbies.
2. Students have the opportunity to participate in cultural excursions to historically and scientifically significant places, including a full-day trip to Edinburgh.
3. There is an ongoing program of informal activities available in the evenings and on weekends.
8 - 29 July 2023
The best lesson I have had so far was at the beginning of the course when we studied Game Theory, and when we did presentations in class about shops or platforms that we had to imagine ourselves.
The best thing about the Medicine course was the interactivity of the lectures. My tutor was really interested in the subject, so I always felt like I could go up to her and ask her questions, whether they were about what we were learning or about other areas of biotechnology.
The course gave me an insight into how to make arguments in support of or against certain positions which is useful in law and the tutor assisted me in how to structure these arguments. I've enjoyed the company of having a roommate and that you make so many new friends.
Thank you for visiting Summer Schools!
We value your feedback and are always here to help with any questions or concerns you may have. Please use the following template to help us better understand your enquiry:
Our mission is to help connect curious students with world class summer school programmes.